A note regarding our training programme
Following current Government guidance regarding COVID-19, we have decided to postpone our multi-agency 2020-2021 training programme until September. We will continue to monitor the situation, and provide updates on other learning opportunities we are developing and those by other organisations working to safeguard children and families.
Please do access the free safeguarding eLearning courses in the meantime, including those on COVID-19, as well as our dedicated resources page. You can also read information on changes in arrangements for Child Protection Conferences and Looked After Reviews on our News page. If you are not already on our RSCP Contact List you may want to sign up here for any updates.
About our training
The Redbridge Safeguarding Children Partnership (RSCP) provides learning opportunities with a focus on multi-agency training which compliments training already available within individual agencies. It not only covers child protection issues but deals with the broad area of safeguarding.
The planning and commissioning of our training is informed by national guidance such as Working Together (2018), local and national priorities and research such as the Triennial Analysis of Serious Case Reviews (2020).
We also include topics where the need for multi-agency learning and development has been highlighted by service users in Redbridge, including children and young people, through consultation, complaints and general feedback.
Our training is based on values and principles to ensure that training is:
- Child centred and incorporates a children’s rights respecting approach, the child’s voice, and ensures that their welfare is treated as paramount.
- Incorporates equal opportunities and anti-oppressive practice and reflects the diversity of the communities served.
- Promotes and places the child within the family and recognises the need for working together and in partnership with parents and carers.
- Multi-agency and promotes the need for inter-agency working to safeguard children from harm.
- Evidence-based and incorporates learning from research, and service user participation.
Who can access our training?
Safeguarding children and young people is everyone’s business, which means that audiences for our training are large and diverse. RSCP The Training Programme is available to all professionals and volunteers working with children, young people and families in Redbridge across the statutory, voluntary and private sectors.
Please stay safe at this challenging time and we hope to see you in person in September. If you have any questions about training, please contact email@example.com or call 020 8708 3289.
Do follow the RSCP on Twitter to ensure that you get receive updates on training courses