Safeguarding adults is based on the following six principles:
For more detailed information relating to safeguarding adults, including categories and types of abuse, please view the Redbridge Safeguarding Adults Board (RSAB) website or Skills for Care – What you need to know – Safeguarding Adults.
If you are the victim of abuse, or you know someone who you think is being or has been abused, then it is really important to seek help.
- Report concerns via completion of a Safeguarding Adults Referral Form (download via the link below) and e-mail the completed form to Adults.Alert@redbridge.gov.uk
- Alternatively, you can complete a referral using the on-line eform
- If you need to speak to someone for guidance or support with your referral, please call Redbridge Health and Adult Social Services on 020 8708 7333 (Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm) or 020 8554 5000 outside of office hours.
- Report any concerns about a crime to the police on 101. In an emergency call 999.
- There are also a number of local and national organisations you might want to talk to including We are Hourglass, the new name for Action on Elder Abuse who provide a confidential helpline – 080 8808 8141.
For more information, download the Safeguarding Yourself and Others and Say No To Abuse – Leaflet. The London Multi-Agency Safeguarding Policy and Procedures, 2016, based on the requirements of the Care Act 2014, can be accessed here.
If you require Safeguarding Adults Training, please contact LB Redbridge Learning & Development Service.
When working with adults at risk of harm, consideration needs to be given to any children or young people in the family or household who may be at additional risk due to parental capacity etc. The RSCP and RSAB have a Joint Working Protocol which sets out the principals for safeguarding children and young people being the business of all professionals that work with families in general.
The Redbridge Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB) have a Multi Agency Self-Neglect and Hoarding Protocol which has been agreed with partner agencies across Redbridge: